Hydropower units of low output
For hydro power stations of low discharge, U.C.M. Resita has developed a production program of standard machines, comprising hydropower units of low output and micro hydropower units.
Low output power units, of 100 and 1,200 kW (2,500 kW):
- with horizontal Francis turbines, for heads of 15 to 130 m
- with propeller type turbines, semi-Kaplan, Kaplan, horizontal, with "S" shaped hydraulic circuit, for heads between 3 and 15 m
- with Pelton turbines, for heads between 100 and 700 m
- for turbines with speed governors or with positioner control systems
- with synchronous or induction generators
Micro hydropower units with power up to 100 kW:
- for heads between 4.5 and 14.5 m and flow rates of 0.11 and 0.33 m3/s
- for heads between 16 and 35 m and flow rates of 0.145 and 0.37 m3/s
For more details, download the following documents in pdf form:
Other types of low output hydropower units, in the stage of prototype:
- With Pelton turbine, having unitary output from 8.5 up to 37 kW, for heads between 45...60 m and discharge between 0.024 and 0.08 m3/s;
- With axial bulb turbine, having unitary output from 1.6 up to 8 kW, for heads between 3.5...8 m and discharge between 0.08 and 0.17 m3/s;
- With Banky turbine, having unitary output from 1.9 up to 50 kW, for heads between 4...40 m and discharge between 0.075 and 0.24 m3/s.