UCM Resita is located in Resita, a town in Southwest of Romania laying on the valley of Bârzava River. Its development took place progressively along the history, the factory being established on July 3, 1771 by commissioning the first two furnaces and forges.
As it looks today, the factory is the result of a long time experience in the field of machine building, as concerns the power equipment, metallurgy, Diesel engines as well as the electrical machines. It is the largest company in Resita and Caras-Severin County, as well as in the West side of Romania.
- The old industrial area on the left bank of Bârzava River, the endowment being built progressively within 1886-1975.
- Câlnicel industrial area in the North side of Resita, in the vicinity of Câlnic district, built within1975-1980.
- The screw factory in Anina (presently in preservation), built in 1872.
There are also other facilities in the city, thus the entire surface comprises 98 ha, out of which 68.7 % ha represent industrial areas and 25.5 ha are buildings and roofed shops.
Body of Shareholders
On 23 of December 2003, it was signed the contract by which APAPS (Authority for Privatization and State Holding Management) sold the share package held by U.C.M. Resita SA to a Consortium represented by the company INET AG (Switzerland) and the association of U.C.M. Resita employees. The structure of shareholding is as follows:
- INET AG - 96.388 %
- U.C.M. Resita employees association - 0.702 %
- Shareholder list - legal entities and personal shareholders - 2.910 %
The registered capital of U.C.M. Resita is of 9,426,940.40 lei.
Number of employees
Presently, there are about 2,500 employees in U.C.M. Resita.
Board of Administration
A Board of Administration consisting of the following members manages the company:
- Cosmin URSONIU - Administrator Special
- Nicoleta IONETE - Administrator Special
The management team is composed of:
- Cosmin URSONIU - General Manager
- Nicoleta Liliana IONETE - Economic Director
- Stefan VERDET - Production Director