Capacities for machining operations on machine-tools
U.C.M. Resita holds large capabilities to machine parts on small, middle and large lathes, milling machines, planers, grinding machines, slotting and shaping machines, CNC centers; various machines are employed particularly to certain components such as: hydraulic turbines, electrical generators and large electrical motors, hydraulic servomotors, metallic bearings, air compressors, etc.
In respect of the machining operation type, U.C.M. Resita has the following machining capabilities:
- Machining on centre lathes of parts up to 3,650 mm x 16,460 mm, of 80 tones maximum weight.
- Machining on vertical lathes of parts up to 16,000 mm in diameter and 125 tons maximum weight.
- Through drilling holes up to 160 mm, subsequent hole enlarging up to 630 mm diameter possible; maximum drilling depth 11,000 mm; maximum weight of drilled part up to 20 tons and honing possibilities.
- Milling on universal, horizontal, vertical or double column milling machines with different dimensions and milling possibilities.
- Milling by means of five axis milling head - fixed table length is 10,000 mm, span between columns is 4,500 mm and maximum milling head of 1,800 mm;
- Toothed cylindrical gear milling with gear module between 0.5 and 40 and diameters up to 1,600 mm.
- Grinding on inner surfaces of min/max 20/350 mm diameter; on outer surfaces up to 400 mm diameter and 20,000 mm length.
- Toothed cylindrical gear milling with gear module between 2 and 16, diameters up to 1,500 mm and grinding length of 200÷800 mm.
U.C.M. Resita holds the Certificate for performance of welded structures as per DIN 18800, issued by SLV Munchen regarding:
- Welding procedures: manual welding with coated electrodes (111 E); gas-shielded welding with fusible electrodes (135t, MAG); wire electrode flux welding (121 UP).
- Base materials: structural steel; stainless steel.
We also have the Capability Certificate (EWF) according to EN 729/ISO 3834, part 2, issued by the National Research and Development in Welding and Material Testing in Timisoara.
U.C.M. Resita has about 5,000 m2 welding areas and 80 tons lifting capacities at heights of 6,500-9,500 mm. U.C.M. Resita employs a staff with high (university) education degree in welding (out of which 7 European welding engineers, with tasks and responsibilities as per EN 719) and welders qualified acc. to EN 287-1, ASME provisions, section IX, ISCIR and RNR.
U.C.M. Resita has available for plate cutting: Computer controlled machine (PC and MS-WINDOWS program) with gas and plasma flame-cutting; gate shears; cold molding presses of 250 and 500 tf; bending press and bending machine; calender (rolling mill) for cylindrical and conical rolling of ring shells; welding converter with coated electrode; MIG-MAG welding machines; flux welding machines; equipment for weld pool welding in flux bath; thermal spraying machines.
Post welding heat treatment
Stress relieving and normalizing in furnaces with maximum sizes: 16,900 mm x 4,100 mm x 5,600 mm.
Sand blasting of welded structures
Sandblasting of welded structures in an enclosure with following sizes: 10.000 x 4.500 x 4.600 mm
Capacities - heat and thermo-chemical treatments, electroplating
Heat and thermo-chemical treatments
Following heat and thermo-chemical treatments are performed in U.C.M. Resita:
- Heat treatments of normalizing, annealing, hardening and tempering are currently performed in horizontal/ vertical flame furnaces with mobile hearth, with maximum sizes of: 17.68 x 5.6 x 4.0 m/O 2.0 x 10.0 m;
- Quenching in water or oil, in horizontal/vertical baths with maximum sizes of: 5.8 x 2.5 x 3.6 m/O 3.5 x 10 m;
- High frequency hardening (CIF): at 8,000 Hz, layer depth 1.2 to 4 mm;
- Case hardening treatments are performed for a treated layer depth of 0.8 to 4.00 mm for parts of maximal size O 1,200 x 1,800 mm;
- Thermo-chemical nitriding treatments are performed as follows: Classical nitriding (in gas) of parts with diameter O 1.200 mm and length of 1,200 mm, with a treated layer depth of 0.2 ÷ 0.5 mm; Ionic nitriding of parts with diameters up to O 800 mm and length of 6,000 mm, of a maximum weight up to 2,000 kg
In U.C.M. Resita we can perform the following types of electroplating: hard chrome plating, zinc plating, copper plating, nickel plating, phosphating, silver coating.